Tuesday, September 15, 2009
5 National Stories to Read
This is our regular feature where every day I do a post with the top 5 Florida political stories that people are talking about. Each story will include a link to a summary of the story, my brief comment and links to other blogs talking about the story.
1. David Vitter wants to privatize Medicaid: Privatization has a long history of failure and is one of the key conservative methods of killing government. Hopefully Vitter will be ignored, like he always should be.
2. Banks that recieved TARP funding engaged in racially discriminatory behavior: One day, when we get a black president, things like this will be done away with.
3. Bill Nelson votes to deny funding to ACORN: There is no reason Nelson should be caving to conservative fear-mongers. A vote like this wins him no votes and it is morally the wrong thing to do.
4. American health insurance kills real life Norma Rae: We need health care reform, including a public option. Now.
5. 2009 Netroots Awards Voting Open: In our efforts to obliterate the number of people who voted last year, lets break 150 votes tonight. Last count? 110.
Smashed Frog: 2009 Netroots Activist of the Year
Re/Creating Tampa: Florida Netroots Awards
Ybor City Stogie: Vote: 2009 Florida Netroots Awards
The Spencerian: We're Not Giving the Microphone to Kanye
Reid Report: Support the Report! 2009 Florida Netroots Awards voting is now open!
Posted by Professor Rex at 9:24 PM